THE SAFETY OF ALL
GUESTS & STAFF
IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
below is a comprehensive list of steps we are actively taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
We know that you cannot wait to visit the Surf Club after a tough year at home. And we are even more anxious to welcome you back!
Please use the drop-down lists to the right of this text to see what we are doing, as well as what you can do while you’re here to assist us in ensuring a fun and safe experience for all.
- Staying home when feeling unwell
- Temperature & Symptom check before entering establishment
- Hand-washing and sanitizing regularly throughout workday
- Utilize face coverings in common areas, and when assisting guests if physical distance is difficult to maintain
- Follow all State and CDC guidelines for environmental cleaning of common areas, high-touch areas and guest rooms
If a guest is fully vaccinated:
- May remove face coverings in outdoor and indoor spaces, except where social distance is difficult to maintain
If a guest is not fully vaccinated:
- Guests not fully vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing
As we continue to monitor the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working to return all guest amenities. Some adjustments remain in effect such as:
- Daily housekeeping stay over service will remain unavailable. We will continue to follow our “leave-at-your-door” policy. Guests should leave any dirty linens or trash outside of their door to be picked up by staff, and any replacement or additional items needed will be left at the door or can be requested at the front desk
- Minimal and further spaced seating in guest common areas (vending/lounge room, outdoor patio, pool deck etc.)
- Lobby coffee maker and popcorn machine will not be available
- Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to guest arrival, as well as upon guest departure
- Stay-over service will be demonstrated by use of our new “Leave at Your Door” policy.
- We will provide plastic bags for guests to use to collect towels, linens and trash for pick-up. Once items are bagged they may be placed outside your door during housekeeping operating hours (9am – 3pm, daily)
- Any replacement or additional items needed will be left at the door or can be requested at the front desk
Choose your preferred check-in procedure & let us know prior to your arrival:
Step 1: Call the front office (day of reservation) with your estimated time of arrival. Front office will confirm form of payment and provide the pass code to our outdoor lock box
Step 2: Arrive and locate the outdoor lock box, enter the pass code & retrieve envelope marked with your last name. Your keys, parking pass and registration form will be inside
Step 3: Park and get settled in your room, then complete your registration form and return envelope to lock box
Step 1: Arrive and find a place to park either under the hotel or the Surf Club Beach House (14 Read Ave)
Step 2: Enter the front office (one person/family at a time, masks required), complete your registration, receive keys and parking pass
Step 3: Unload your luggage, find your room, get settled and enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WE ARE HERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. BELOW ARE ANSWERS SOME OF THE MOST COMMON INQUIRIES
The beach in Dewey is open for full use with the following guidelines:
- Practice physical distancing. Stay 6 feet apart
- Wear a face covering when it is difficult to maintain physical distance from others
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Stay home if you’re sick
For any cookware to be induction compatible it must have a magnetic material built into it. Cast iron is a magnetic material, so it is good cookware for an induction cook top. Stainless steel cookware is popular cookware as it dishwasher friendly, looks beautiful over time and is much lighter than cast iron.
Induction compatible cookware is easily found at local department stores and online. Below are a few links to help you in your search: